5 Simple Tips for Street Proofing your Family:
Article Submitted by Dan Walton
Did you know that there are several ways that people target children, and youth and others may be open to being taken advantage of. Here are some of the most common ways.
1. ASKING FOR HELP: The world famous I lost my dog, I can't find my cat, can you help me find my drone or remote control car.
2. BRIBE: If you do this for me, I will give you something special.
3. OFFERING WORK: I have a modelling job, a great paying opportunity in acting.
4. EMERGENCY: My parents or loved one sent me to get you, they have been hurt.
5. THREAT: If you don't do this I'll hurt your family or pets.
These are a short example of some of the things predators come up with.
Protect those you love, tell them never to go off with a stranger to help them if they are an adult they can do it themselves. Don't take anything from a stranger offering something special, most people are not discovered walking down the street or at a coffee shop or school, for emergency have a code word for your family to know that you may of sent someone to collect your family. Finally, teach them to avoid people who threaten them and tell a responsible adult immediately, caregiver or family member, all of these tricks have one thing in common, they don't want to be discovered.